What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file inofensivo
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when I return to surf this page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, not a worm, or spam, or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What a cookie information stored?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
¿Qué son las cookies propias y las de terceros?
Las cookies propias son las generadas por la página que está visitando y las de terceros son las generadas por servicios o proveedores externos como Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What are your third and cookies ?
Party cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What if defusedcookies?
To understand the scope that may have to disable cookies shows some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, such as My Account, or My Profile or My orders.
- Not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform web analytics about visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, which will reduce the web advertising revenue.
Is possible to eliminate the cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookies for setting browsers populares
Here’s how to access a cookie browser specific Chrome . Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences via the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears above right.
- See different sections, click the Show advanced options .
- Go to Privacy , Content Settings .
- Select All cookies and site data .
- a list of all cookies ordered by domain appears. To make it easier to find the cookies a given domain partially or fully enter the address in the Search cookies .
- After making this filter one or more lines with the cookies the web requested will appear on the screen. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to their elimination.
To access the cookies settings in Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration cookies Browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operating system.
- Click Privacy .
- In the History choose Use custom settings for history .
- You will now see the Accept cookies , you can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access the cookie settings Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences , then Privacy .
- Here you will see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
Para acceder a la configuración de cookies del navegador Safari para iOS siga estos pasos (pueden variar en función de la versión del navegador):
- Vaya a Ajustes, luego Safari.
- Vaya a Privacidad y Seguridad, verá la opción Bloquear cookies para que ajuste el tipo de bloqueo que desea realizar.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings button.
- Go to Security and Privacy , see the Accept cookies to select or deselect the option box.
To access the configuration cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer , then More , then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the box Allow cookies .